Thursday, March 19, 2020

Covid-19, Day 9: An Anniversary

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Today, Ed and I have been married for 15 years.

It was a warm day outside. The kids and I took a 5 block walk to a nearby faculty member's home; she is also a donor and we took a thank you note and some Girl Scout cookies to her. We stopped by McClains on the way home and bought danish.

The backyard still had leaves so I set to raking and bagging. There is quite a bit of mud in the shady part of the yard and the boys are constantly track it in so I put down grass seed and hay. At least the hay will stop the mud, and hopefully we'll get some more green in the yard. Ed brought me pansies back from Soil Service so I filled our front planters with purple, white and periwinkle pansies.

Around 5:30, we started cooking dinner. Ed and Jonas worked on homemade pumpkin ravioli and Gill and I made brownies. Ed and I took turns charcoaling pork chops (with Jack Miller sauce), broccoli rabe, and okra.
Gill makes brownies

Jonas & Ed make ravioli
Though it's our 15th anniversary, we didn't get each other gifts or even a card. I can't believe it, but I actually prefer it. Life seems so complicated right now, and what really matters is the time spent together.
As we sat at the table with the kids for dinner, I couldn't help but think of this day 15 years ago when our home was filled with family and friends, many of whom are gone too soon: Mom, Bill, and Judy. I miss them all.


Me & Ed on 3/19/2015
Tonight's family dinner 

Yes, that's a Zelda shirt.


No comments: