Friday, March 27, 2020

Covid-19, Day 17

Friday, March 27, 2020

I did not blog "same day" so forgive me for the lack of "news" and brevity.

Work in the morning, then a family walk after lunch. We walked in our neighborhood and hunted Pokemon. We found the abominable snowman along with some new Pokemon.

Gill poses under the trolley trail bridge
Family Pic with neighborhood Covid Snowman
Ed and I worked until close to 6 and then I made myself a snack on the patio, then cooked fish for Ed. I can't remember what the kids ate. They never eat what we eat and it is beginning to drive me nuts.  It was the first night in a while that we didn't eat dinner together. 
Chips, guac, and a margarita
Later in the evening, we spoke with Eli who was visiting Dexter. I was saddened to learn that Jennifer, Eli's mom, did not want to let Eli visit his father (per court-ordered visitation) because of the virus. But Dexter has been very careful with cleaning and has been staying home, except to work but only 3 days per week. So he persisted and she gave in, which relieved us all.

Gill (upper left) and Eli visit via Facebook

Gill plays the violin for Eli and Uncle Dexter; 
Dex played the fiddle for us. 
In the news:
  • Dow Jones closes at 21,363
  • The United States now has more Covid-19 than any other country in the world
  • I took a break from reading the news today



No comments: