Saturday, March 28, 2020

Covid-19, Day 18

Saturday, March 28, 2020

So, this is how my day started:

Crepe (gouda cheese, brussel sprouts, eggs) made by Chef Ed
The weather was beautiful today with a high of 72 and wind gusts up to 40 miles per hour. Yep. That's right. So the sun lured people out, but the wind made things difficult.

I was working on the blog today at the bar in the kitchen. Jonas noticed and asked me what I was doing. When I explained that the blog goes all the way back to his birth, he was very intrigued and read several early entries. He was embarrassed by the stories about poop and nursing.

Jonas reading this blog; had to sneak the
picture as he did not want me to take it. 

We went to Shawnee Mission Park today, and it was busy. Things I learned at SM Park:

  1. We don't really know how to social distance yet
  2. Especially with dogs and bikes
  3. Cyclists do not know to announce themselves on busy trails when passing
  4. People in Johnson County are very white
  5. SM Park has a beach
Gill posing with the Blue Gill;
that's the wind giving his hair such height!
Jonas loving the wind on Shawnee Mission Lake


A highlight of our visit was getting to walk the trail with Aimee and Amelia, though conversation was difficult. See wind, physical distancing, dogs, and bicycles above.

Came home and worked on bee hives (Ed), laundry (Shelly), picking up the many sticks dropped by the river birch (all but Gill), unloading dishwasher (Gill and Jonas), loading dishwasher (Ed), planting flowers (me), changing bed sheets (me).

I took Jonas to Swope Park so that he could fly a kite with Emmett. They did not do a great job of PD (physical distancing). *sigh* It's probably too much to ask. I did make him use hand sanitizer and wash hands before and after.

Things I learned at Swope Park:

  1. Social distancing is lot easier with wide open spaces
  2. It's a great day to fly a kite

Can you see the kite?
In the news:
  • 662.073 cases worldwide, 30,780 deaths, 139,426 recovered
  • 838 cases in Missouri, 10 deaths, patients tested 12,385
  • 261 cases in Kansas, 5 deaths

No comments: