Sunday, March 29, 2020

covid-19, Day 19

Sunday, March 29, 2020

I started this day by watching CBS Sunday morning and thinking of my mom. In far-away Atlanta, Desi does the same, and we text. 

Gill's friend, Declan came over for a walk around the neighborhood with Gill. I had them both wash their hands and sent them off with things to occupy their hands so that they would not touch. They had pocket Purell and wipes and headed out to collect photos for a virtual scavenger hunt. When they returned, they washed their hands and stayed outside. I hate it, but I think these visits will have to end. 

Declan and Gill go hunting / walking with staffs

Gill finds a clue: the shortcut
10:30 a.m. brought another round of Coffee Girls, and online girl group of friends. Ed went to the grocery store and it took an extra 20 minutes to disinfect everything he brought home. 

Jonas, Gill and I spent some time outside raking the last of the leaves and picking up the last of the gumballs. I vacuumed both cars and did more laundry. We moved a piece of furniture up 2 flights of stairs to Gill's room, another sure-to-fail effort at helping him keep his room clean. 

Gill starts school tomorrow; I know he really would prefer to go in person. He really misses people. 

I worked a bit tonight to make up for some distracted work last Thursday. As the sun was setting, I found this in Gill's room:

Door knob beauty

In the news;
  • 721,817 cases worldwide, 33,968 deaths, 151, 204 recoveries
    • 142,328 cases in the United States, 44k more than Italy (2nd)
  • 903 cases in Missouri, 12 deaths
  • 319 cases in Kansas, 6 deaths

No comments: