Thursday, October 30, 2008

A letter to my son

Dear Son:

I have waited so long to share my life with you. It is important to me that I be all things to you, and for you. I do this out of love and do not regret or resent a thing. Among the many things I am for you....
  • I am your personal shopper; I hand select your clothing.
  • I am your serenader; I sing you to sleep and distract you when you're crying with silly songs.
  • I am your entertainer; I play games with you and make sure you have the best toys.
  • I am your educator; I read you poetry and explain the world to your wonderous eyes.
  • I am your valet; I coordinate your outfits and make sure they are dye and fragrance free.
  • I am your nurse; I measure your medication, and make sure you get enough but not too much; I monitor your temperature, intake, output, etc.
  • I am your private chef; I make organic babyfood from select fresh produce and store it in the most BPA-free way I can.
  • I am your chauffeur; I bring you to countless doctor appointments and stroll you in sunshine; I carry your 20 lb bulk in an awkward carseat and never leave you alone in the car.
But one thing I am not.

I am not your teething ring so please STOP BITING MY NIPPLES.

And while you're at it, stop popping my bra strap too.

No comments: