Friday, October 3, 2008

Cereal!


I love this stuff all the way down to my toes
Originally uploaded by vogted

So much is happening in Jonas' life! Just in the last week, he popped a tooth and tried cereal. We still can't actually SEE the tooth, but we can feel it. It's on the lower left. He's trying to put everything in his mouth, and is mostly successful. His arm and hand movements are less spastic. He now rolls quite easily from back to stomach, but seems to have forgotten how to go the other way! When he gets to his stomach, he cries like the world will end. In fact, I just had to pause in blogging to go and pick him up. Turning him back onto his back is not enough to console him. He has to be held and cajoled back into comfort.

This morning, his cry sounds hoarse. He doesn't have a fever but seems to be coming down with a cold. He slept for an unusually long time last evening - a 4 hour nap from 4 - 8 p.m. We actually woke him up because I was worried. Plus, he had to watch the VP debate with us.

He is also starting to grab things and knock things over. While sitting on my lap during lunch with my mother, he turned my whole salad over, covering us both with lettuce and dressing. I even found a piece of lettuce in my underwear that night! Yes, I know - TMI. He loves to grab at my mouth and Ed's nose, and he's pulled some hair (including Buddy's beard) and earrings. I've pretty much stopped wearing jewelry most of the time, so hopefully this won't be a problem.

For more photos, check Jonas' flickr site at http://www.flickr.com/photos/vogted/sets/

No comments: