Monday, June 30, 2008

In his own words....

And now for a report on some of Jonas’ first experiences, in his own words:

First trip to the post office so that Mom could mail photos to Grandma and Grandpa Vogt.

First lunch with the Randolph sisters at the Webster House; I was a model child.

First visit to a domestic violence shelter; Mom took me there to show me around to the folks she used to work with. I got to see a giant colorful butterfly, and stuck my hand down a lady’s blouse.

First set of chopsticks – got some “trainer” chopsticks when Janee’ and Amelia visited. Stuck my hand down Amelia’s blouse too.

First ride in a golf cart – from a nice man named Bruce on a hot June day when Mom took me to a gathering of work colleagues at the country club.

First church service attended – didn’t cry, burp or fart, much to Mom’s relief, and Dad’s disappointment; got to see a slightly older kid get baptized.

First explosive poopy – overflowed the top of my diaper and happened while Mom was holding me. No need to elaborate.

First brunch – had cheese blintzes and bagels (courtesy of Mom’s milk) at the Patton house in celebration of Colin Patrick Slatev, who is 5 months older than me.

First trip clothes shopping – went with Mom to a clothing store. She says that holding me makes her feel hot all the time, so she needed some tank tops to make it through the summer. I had a very messy diaper that Mom changed for me, and I wanted to be held the whole time.

First trip to a book store – Mom thought she needed to buy more books about how to take care of an infant. Seems to me that she’s doing pretty good, but I think that the books make her feel less nervous.

1 comment:

Miss to Mrs said...

That's a lot of firsts for such a little boy!